2/8/22

ACIM and the worship of God

I keep hearing chatter that A Course in Miracles does not promote the worship of God. And then I read the book and laugh.

"I thank You, Father, for the purity of Your most holy Son"

"I thank you, Father, knowing you will come to close each little gap that lies between the broken pieces of Your holy Son. Your holiness, complete and perfect, lies in every one of them."

"I thank you, Father, for your perfect Son, And in his glory will I see my own."

"We thank You, Father, that we cannot lose the memory of You and of Your Love. We recognize our safety and give thanks for all the gifts You have bestowed on us, for all the loving help we have received, for Your eternal patience, and the Word which You have given us that we are saved."

"We thank You, Father, for the light that shines forever in us. And we honor it because You share it with us. We are one, united in this light, and one with You, at peace with all creation and ourselves."

"We thank You, Father, for Your guarantee of only happy outcomes in the end. Help us not interfere and so delay the happy endings You have promised us for every problem that we can perceive, for every trial we think we still must meet."

"I thank You, Father, for the many gifts that come to me today and every day from every Son of God. My brothers are unlimited in all their gifts to me. Now may I offer them my thankfulness that gratitude to them may lead me on to my Creator and His memory"

"I thank You, Father, for Your plan to save me from the hell I made. It is not real. And You have given me the means to prove its unreality to me. The key is in my hand, and I have reached the door beyond which lies the end of dreams. I stand before the gate of Heaven, wondering if I should enter in and be at home. Let me not wait again today. Let me forgive all things, and let creation be as You would have it be and as it is. Let me remember that I am Your Son, and opening the door at last, forget illusions in the blazing light of truth, as memory of You returns to me."

-  oOo   -

Tom Fox
Somerset, Kentucky

No comments: